Using foil on book covers and book spines is an old and traditional method going back over hundreds of years. But still very common in today’s society. Using foil in this way is a great way of drawing attention to your book in an already crowded marketplace.
Using the right foiling die can make a big difference to the finished product and our foil blocking partner always chooses brass for book covers and spines due to the many advantages it holds:
- Brass can be deep machined to 3mm for use on softer substrates
- Good on all substrates
- Great at retaining heat
- Gives a sharp, high definition finish after foil transfer
- Ideal for bookbinders
- No chemicals are used during the making of a CNC brass die
- More cost effective than copper
- Greater detail than magnesium
Are you interested in brass foiling dies for your next book print? If so contact email@example.com for a quotation or further information.